Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Catching Up!

This book!

 

We had no wifi or phone for hours yesterday so I am playing catch up today!

Reading this...it's intense! Raw, rough, edgy...but writing that definitely has me trapped...for now...but I can't wait to be done with this book. These girls are so messed up! Lacey, Nikki, Dex...I don't like them...sex, drugs, mind games..these three are toxic! This is this author's first adult book...her specialty is YA but it's all about these three high school girls...add a bit of Kurt Cobain into this mix and you have disaster. This book reeks of cigarette smoke! Literally!

 

This plant!

The whiskey barrel that this plant is in...sort of...is totally collapsed but this plant grows on! It's amazing!

 

The next book...I really need to read a book that is sweet and pure and clean after Girls On Fire. I loved the first Serafina book!

I am off to clear email!

Hugs...

Patty

 

12 comments:

  1. Hmm, think I'll give Girls on Fire a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Wi-Fi or phone? Yikes! We were having trouble with it last year at this time because we'd just moved. We had to battle Comcast for a week to get them to actually show up and do what they were supposed to do. If it's not a "simple hookup," they pretty much wander off and get to you when they feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Stephanie...something happened to services on the coast...Verizon was out and whatever the wifi service was...well..that was out, too! For hours...literally!

      Delete
  3. I love the first Serafina book! I'm 2/3 through. It's so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I did not read it, then. I declined the option. Eh...I don't like the blatantly graphic, decadence. I don't mind if it is insinuated.

    Did you read The Girl in the Red Coat? I am almost through with it; I never got to it when it was first out. It is so bizarre, but I am so spellbound. Did you read Lacy Eye? I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to both...loved them...both! There is a book about a girl in a blue coat, too... that was awesome!

      Delete
  5. How is Girls on Fire an adult book, if the girls are in high school? Just curious.

    I'll pass on it, too. Glad you have Wi-Fi again (well, I guess you do now). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either...it's supposed to be her first Adult novel!

      Delete
  6. Glad your wifi is back! Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete