Saturday, November 26, 2016

Well...It Happened...

First I thought my hair looked thin...then it really was thin...and now I just have fuzz. It broke my heart, I cried, I wailed, I think I might have screamed a bit but as long as I have hats...I should be ok. Well...not really ok but reasonably ok. My sweet caring doctors keep telling me it will grow back. Den...well...he has always loved my hair. People always tell me I have my mom's beautiful hair...but now I think I look more like my dad...with his tiny little bald head. It's ok. I can do this thing. I can and I will!

I am vain, and embarrassed about my hair...or rather my lack of it...but I will get over it...I really will. I am at home and comfy and getting antibiotics every 8 hours and doing what I normally do. I am learning about life and the kindness of strangers and the awesomeness of neighbors who put yummy black bean soup on our doorstep and who always ask if we need anything. And another neighbor who packed up an entire Thanksgiving dinnner...in little throw away containers that we could toss...we had yummy turkey sandwiches for lunch today from that dinner.

My heart is full. Den asks why I cry sometimes for no apparent reason...but my reasons are that my heart is full of the kindnesses of others and I pray that I can be as helpful to others as others have been to me.

Hugs,

Patty

 

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Patty. I know you've been dreading this but it does grow back and your health is of course, more important. I know you are sad though. It will take a little time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told you that beauty shines from within. See? This proves it, with your neighbors,but with you, too! You are shining! You are beautiful, Patty. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing this, kiddo. Won't it be fun to see how your hair looks when it comes back? Your neighbors are fantastic and obviously think the world of you and Den. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending positive thoughts your way! You have wonderful people in your neighborhood, and Den, too. It will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just let it out Mama. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're strong, beautiful and well loved. Hang in there, your hair will grow back and you will be healthy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it's hard but, in the end, it's going to be worth it! I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! I just have had such a soft easy life....I am trying to learn from this and pray for others and be stronger!

      Delete
  8. Oh Party my heart goes out to you. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horrible experiences so often enrich our lives.

    You are so much more than your hair. You are beautiful and strong.

    Sending hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beauty comes from your personality and not your hair. I admired your nice thick head of hair in photos as opposed to my thinning, graying hair, but this too shall pass. You'll be able to regrow it, style it, enjoy it. For now, enjoy the kindness of others, the simple pleasure of a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich (yum) and cuddling on the couch with a book and a kitty or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that would be the hardest part for me, too, Patty. But hats are the next best thing... and your beauty still shines through regardless! You are blessed to have so many wonderfully caring people nearby. Sending virtual hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete