Thursday, May 25, 2017

Even More Rain Today!

Den and I both woke up at 4:30 this morning and for some odd and unknown reason began watching HBO's Wizard Of Lies...we watched the other one that starred Richard Dreyfus and didn't think we wanted to watch any more but this was on and we watched it ( we could not sleep ) and Bernie Madoff seems to be an unfeeling creep no matter who plays him. Seriously.

Finished this...it was ok but after a while these characters just get too over the top and ridiculous.

This drippy dreary rainy day is making us not too happy here. Lucy and Den are off to the vet...I can't even tell the vet what's wrong without crying...I am crying over everything lately. I can't even take my own crying and I still can't stop crying! Sigh!

Anticipating reading this next...

Or this...this one looks eerily good!

So...

Have a great weekend...stay safe and happy...read lots!

Hugs,

Patty

 

12 comments:

  1. What's going on with Lucy?

    Also, did they did a complete hysterectomy on you? Hormone replacement at all? Maybe the hormones need to be adjusted. Maybe that is why you are crying so much. I'm so sorry that you are. I am sorry that the gloomy rain makes it worse. We had 100 degree weather last weekend and now it's supposed to drizzle which I am perfectly okay with. We are already in fire season and with all that rain and growth, those few days of heat killed it all and now it's straight-up tinder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lovely Lucy might have a urinary infection...and yes to a total hysterectomy...no mention of hormones....

      Delete
  2. Hey, I woke up at 4:30 this morning, too! (From the itching).

    I liked The Wizard of Lies better than the Richard Dreyfus movie, but you're right...Madoff is a creep no matter who portrays him.

    I agree with Ti...your hormones might be off. Or you could be just really exhausted from the whole siege. Hang in there!

    I like the look of The Secrets She Keeps...and maybe I'll wait a bit before reading my copy of Same Beach, Next Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is rainy and gloomy here. I got home from work and I am thinking of taking a short nap. I am tired from a long work week and rain. Sorry the beach book seemed over the top. Looks like you have some good books in your lineup. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on, the sun is coming! It finally showed itself near Lake Michigan today. Sending hugs until then. Too bad about the DB Frank book. I usually enjoy hers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same operation as was mentioned in above comments and refused hormones because of family history. Yes, that definitely can cause your emotions to run you ragged for awhile because there was no gradual slowing down process, in addition to everything else you are going through! Sorry to talk about such a personal subject with you... but remember the Annie song-- "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow..."

    Thanks for the tip about DB Frank book. The Higgins book does look like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really ok..thank you for sharing. I know it will...come out...the sun...it's just waking up sad that I hate...sad and tired seems to me what I run on lately!

      Delete
  6. Oh shoot! I forgot to watch The Wizard of Lies! Hopefully,there will be an encore presentation.
    You've been through so much and it's ongoing, so being weepy is no surprise. Sometimes, it feels like that's all we can do when circumstances overwhelm us. Praying for your strength and the good of the Lord in your life despite all that's happening...♡

    ReplyDelete